PositiveBlockchain is now supporting the initiative of establishment of UNECE PPP Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Health in Frankfurt am Main (the Initiative) to explore ways of using blockchain for Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) in the Health Sector.
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) number 17 has given a high priority to partnerships between governments, the private sector and civil society, as a means of achieving the UN 2030 Development Agenda.
- Achieving the goals, such as access to safe water and sanitation, universal healthcare comes with a huge price tag and commitment. Not surprisingly therefore, that special attention has been given to PPPs because of their ability to generate associated financial resources, introduce innovation, and optimize the delivery of essential public services.
- The United Nations 2030 Agenda emphasizes the role that innovation plays in support of sustainable development. Blockchain is one of the emerging innovations and can be used to advance the implementation and monitoring of the SDGs. This technology can be a powerful lever to bring together all the stakeholders involved in value chains and those regulating them: producers, intermediaries, the final consumer – and governments.
- PositiveBlockchain, as active supporter of the Initiative, will help identify such solutions and assess how they can answer current challenges in the health sector. Within the Initiative, the working group on Blockchain for PPPs in Sustainable Health is established in order to engage with various stakeholders from the blockchain, healthcare and PPP ecosystems to find common ground of understanding for impact projects contributing to Sustainable Health.
- The speakers will be Ing. Natalia Korchakova-Heeb, Managing Director, SDG.17 Consulting GmbH, Lucas Zaehringer, Country Manager at Avertim and Founder of PositiveBlockchain.io, Tri Nhan Vu, Founder of Chainist.de.
If you are interested to join the first meeting of the working group on Blockchain for PPPs in Sustainable Health that will take place in Frankfurt am Main, Germany on the 17th of October, please contact us at h[email protected].
Stay in touch with the Initiative on establishment of UNECE PPP Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Health and receive next updates of this working group on