PositiveBlockchain was invited to present selected Use Cases and startups leveraging Blockchain for Financial Inclusion at Frankfurt’s TechQuartier on the 08.08.18. (event details)
Why does it matter?
- 2 Billion unbanked worldwide
- 7,5% tx fees for remittances, up to 14% in sub-Saharian Africa
- 5% of people insured in India
- and so on…
What can blockchain offer?
- leverage the use of cryptocurrencies: faster, cheaper way of moving money
- create payment gateways and mobile wallets for inland/cross-border payments
- incentive certain economic behaviors through tokens
- digitalize assets as collateral and create credit history for financial inclusion
- smart contracts for result-based / impact investing
- removing costy intermediaries
- microcredit, microlending, P2P lending
- micro-insurance, parametric insurance automation for low-income or in disaster recovery
What are the startups / Use cases?
- Check out our slides and 19 use cases: https://goo.gl/ZkQ75Y
Did we miss some interesting cases? let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
Beyond Bitcoin event line-up
Other great speakers and startups of the night:
- Nhan introducing facts and figures in the unbanked world (slides coming soon)
- ETHlend: very interesting decentralized P2P lending platform
- The Sun Protocol: decentralized energy and crypto-communities around solar containers in African off-grid villages
- Crypto Development Fund: a development fund project from Frankfurt creating an investment gateways between European investors and African startups
See you soon!